Steven Kladitis wrote:

I have openoffice 1.9.117 and I have a quesion about
typingin a document using multiple languages.

If you are indeed asking about typing and the different language specific characters: OOo leaves that to the operating system. I understand that Linuxes have a Combine Key that e.g. lets you type a trema and then a vowel for öäü, and maybe s+s for ß. All this assuming that you use some keyboard with Latin characters. For Russian, it's then probably best to change the keyboard layout altogether; you'll have to learn it blind.

For a spellchecker to recognize the language you are using, you'd define a style for every language. I had assumed this was only available in paragraph, but you dan indeed change the language by character, which would work for singel words.

klaus