Hi,

The downloaded file is a ZIP archive. Before you can install OpenOffice,
you need to unpack the archive. Windows XP can do this easily with its
integrated ZIP utility, but the Windows 9x series lacks this tool. I
recommend you to download 7-zip <http://www.7-zip.org> (free and
open-source); as you install it just associate all suggested file
extensions with 7-zip (it will probably prompt you), and then you should
be able to open the OpenOffice file with just a double click.

*Horst Gerbig*

Arlon
_Belgium_

GSM:
Email:

+352-091-65 21 18
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

[EMAIL PROTECTED] a écrit :

>I had no problem installing OpenOffice on my own computer (Windows XP).
>However, I helped my son download the program on his computer (Windows 9)
>It did not unzip and execute the file. It opened with the question
>"choose which program to open this file" and gave a list of completely
>un-related programs to open it. The only logical choice was Microsoft
>Word. That doesn't work and the program was never installed. I deleted it
>and downloaded it again but now it continues to try and open in Word. How
>can I install the program on his computer? Could he be missing an unzip
>utility? If so how can I install one for him? All I needed to do on my
>computer was double click on the zip file and it installed beautifully.
>Thanks for your help!!
>Fred Winterling
>[EMAIL PROTECTED]

>---
>avast! Antivirus: message Entrant propre.
>Base de donnÚes des virus (VPS): 0530-3, 29/07/2005
>Test du: 30/07/2005 18:45:16
>avast! - copyright (c) 2000-2004 ALWIL Software.

---
avast! Antivirus: message Sortant propre.
Base de donnÚes des virus (VPS): 0530-3, 29/07/2005
Test du: 30/07/2005 22:24:27