hi Deb,

On Fri, 12 Aug 2005 22:00:06 -0400
"deb galloway" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I had a computer that came loaded with microsoft works4.
> the computer was electrocuted and I replaced it with a
> refurbished computer that had open office 1.1.4 on it.
> When my "new" computer was set up, the people installed
> my old hard drive along with the new one.  My microsoft works files
> are there.  Is there a way to bring them to open office?  I
> especially would like to get my mailing address data base.  Also,
> does this open office have data base capabilities. Deb Galloway

You cannot open works files directly in OO, but if you can access the
Works program, save them in a format that OO can recognise e.g. rtf for
word processing files, .csv (comma separated values) for databases.

OO 1.1.4 does have simple database capabilites and the procedures to
follow are pretty well described in the Help system. Also you can get
more info. from http://documentation.openoffice.org

This page also has links to microsoft converters for converting various
Works formats into .rtf

 http://userful.com/support/ms-works?

 --
God bless you,