Comment in-line

On Sunday 21 August 2005 04:56 pm, Joe Marks wrote:
> --- Dan Lewis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > On Sunday 21 August 2005 08:33 am, Joe Marks wrote:
> > > When using 2.0 on a WindowsXP machine, how can PDF
> > > files be converted back into an OpenOffice file so
> > > that the text and the graphics can be modified?
> > >
> > > Joe
> >
> >      This is not possible unless you have the full
> > version of Adobe
>
> Does this mean that if I have a full version of Adobe
> I can convert a PDF file into an OpenOffice file and
> modify the text and the graphics with no corruption?
> (The same would apply if I send a PDF to someone and
> they had the full Adobe version.)
>
> Joe

     No, it does not. Adobe Acrobat does not have the ability to
recreate an *.od* file from a PDF. It will create single text file.
(All the *.od* files are zip files contains several compressed files.)
Again, PDF files are not designed to be modified. (Even with PDF forms
in which information is added, the information is added to blank
spaces. All the original text remains the same.)
     If you want the other party to be able to modify both the text and
graphic, I would suggest sending them *.od* files in the first place.
(This assumes you are using one of the latest 1.9.x builds.) Converting
from one file format to that of another program is always likely to
create differences in structure and appearance.

Dan