I would suggest that you make not have the option to print charts
selected. Select tools > options, then have a look at the various
options under calc. Make sure that in the 'print' section all the
options are selected and try again.

(I don't have OOo running at the moment, so apologies if I cannot
provide exactly where the option is)...

/paul