Ron Miller wrote:

Is anyone aware of a plugin or setting which will allow the new Google Desktop 2 index OpenOffice files? I have many OOo 1.1 and a few OOo 1.9 which it would be helpful for Google to read. I know that I can save everything as MS Word files, but that's seems a lot of effort.

Thanks!  Best wishes, Ron

Try
http://127.0.0.1:4664/about&s=EbRZwBLJyNow0zeijELXJb4DDRI

Its page blurb is:
*Google Desktop Search: Search your own computer.*

 Outlook Email            Netscape Mail / Thunderbird
 Outlook Express                  Netscape / Firefox / Mozilla
 Word             PDF
 Excel            Music
 PowerPoint               Images
 Internet Explorer                Video
AOL Instant Messenger Even more with these plug-ins <http://desktop.google.com/plugins.html>
 Text and others

OOo is not mentioned, but it does better far on my versions OOo than MS Search does.

Richard McB