John W. Kennedy schreef:

Of course not. I think that CPH was expecting you to use Tools > Options
Openoffice.org > General > Appearance. Tell us whether it works or not,
please.

What I see is two different options sets:
  Tools > Options > Openoffice.org > General, and
  Tools > Options > Openoffice.org > Appearance, and
neither one seems to have anything to do with toolbars or menus.

For what it's worth, I don't see any "off-white gradient", or anything that could be remotely described as "hideous", and Beta 2 seems no different from Beta 1 or any of the intermediate versions in this respect.

In short, I'm foozled.

Running on XP SP2.

Indeed, I looked there as well and there's no option for the toolbar (the menu is fine as it is). It's mostly color settings for documents, not for UI elements. Perhaps the UI blends in nicely with a stock WinXP, but not with Windows 2000 and certainly not when I use another color scheme than the Windows default scheme. For some reason, OOo insists on using it's own color for the toolbar, instead of using the system setting for "3D objects".

BTW, I didn't say that this is different from Beta 1, but it *is* different from the 1.1.x series. Also, the icons from 1.1.x are much more useful than those new icons. I can't readily tell the difference between Calc and Writer icons, I have to look very carefully...

--
Patrick Hubers