Dan Lewis wrote:

On Saturday 11 June 2005 02:26 pm, Joe Marks wrote:
On a WindowsXP machine, using 2.0, how can a list be
made of names, addresses, phone numbers, etc that can
be sorted so that the names are put in alphabetic
order?  In other words, how to make something similar
to a "Phone" or to a "address" book.

There are at least two ways to to do this. 1) Create a database for this information and sort the records by name. (You might want to use seperate fields for first and last names so that the sorting is done by the last name and then first name.) 2)Enter this information in a Calc spreadsheet. Select all the rows with information in them. Click the A->Z icon to sort them alphabetically by the entries of the first row.

I had the same question. In MS Word I can go to Table|sort to sort a table. Among the options are alphabetic and numeric sorting. I had hoped for something similar in OO.o Writer, without having to to use other OO.o components.
If I understand you correctly, I cannot do that in OO.o Writer (alone).

Would someone confirm that indeed this task requires another OO.o
component?

In any  case I thank Dan for his response(s) to Joe's question which was
also my question.

David Teague

*--
Actual quote: "Linux was made by foreign terrorists to steal money
from true AMERICAN companies like Microsoft who invented
computing as we know it, and are being punished for
their success..."             -- Who said this?

--
"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them
pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened." --Sir Winston Churchill