[EMAIL PROTECTED] skryf om 5:56 AM op 13/09/2005:

> However, if I had had MS Office, I do think I would have  been a bit miffed
> if this new program "took over" the file associations that had  previously
> been MS Office ones. Even if it had been my ignorant mistake during
> the installation.

I agree.  Users commonly click Next... Next... Next through an installation
routine without reading everything, and software distributors should be aware
of how this affects their product.  I'd much rather see software ask me about
associations with a list of empty tickboxes than a list already ticked, because
users automatically assume that what is ticked by the installer is
automatically the "best" option.  I also hate programs that "grab" associations.

Samuel