On 9/16/05, Dave  wrote:

> I would like to add that 1.9X is a Beta version, and I would like to think
> that the final release will have a comprehensive 'Grammar Checker' to suit
> most languages.

Grammar Checking _might_ be integrated into OOo 3.0.

Creating the rule sets for grammar checking is very time consuming.
The basic procedure is:
i) Create a dictionary.
ii) Match a part of speech to every word in the dictionary;
iii) Match a part of speech to every suffix, affix, and concord for
the dictionary;

iv) Create your basic rules sets.  [This is things like  noun verb noun.]
v) Then create the more complex rules

Step one can take two or three months;
Step two can take one person six months to a year;
Step three can take one person six months to a year;
Step four takes one person one to two years;
Step five takes one person two to three years;

The fastest way to speed up the process is to increase the number of
people working on the project.

xan

jonathon
--
Does your Office Suite conform to ISO Standards?