Yes John. Your reasoning is correct. I doubt however that the choice for
the display of hidden files can be set by shared environment variables.
I actually use only the standard shared variables and never add new ones
as I think it better to use exclusively the variables local to an
application.
Yes I filed the request and I'm pleased with your reply which shows that
sensible discussions can be done on the OOo user list.
Till the next time
Joep