Yes. If you're running Windows, you'll need to register the files as data sources with the odbc administration tool, then register the database in OOo. Once you've done that, you can read and write the access files. I followed a fairly long trail of links from the OOo site to one with specific instructions on how to do all this. I was at home at the time, so I can't find the site quickly.
tc
p.s. I just noticed the date on your message. If you've already got the answer, sorry for the repeat. I've just got this email address back and am still getting older messages that bounced over the last few weeks.

brian ludford wrote:

Can OpenOffice 2 open MS Acces files?