>From I believe 1.14 stable release
NO betas to remove
win2k advanced server
Had not seen that pdf but upon review - yes I followed it.

fyi- I unpacked the install files into k:\openoffice which is the root
dir of my 1.14 install and installed it to the same location.
Something in that scenario confused the installer.
After I completely uninstalled 1.14 the install worked fine but of
course I had to redo my settings.
 Will I have similar problems when I install to my linux(fedora core3)
box?