John, you state (with considerable reason)

Let's pretend that there are
two cars.  They look a lot alike, except that one has been around for years;
it is trusted, and owned by hundreds of thousands of people.  If a
middle-aged man was shown the two cars and it was proven that they looked and
felt the same, he would probably buy the older one because of looks were the
same, but the older one had more experience behind its manufacturing.

I tell you that if the newly arrived car were FREE, I would try it and if it performed as well as the "trusted older maker's car" THAT COSTS FAR TOO MUCH and the old car threatens my home everytime I run it, I might thing seriously about trying out that new car. If it does the
job I would do as I currently do, and USE the new car.

(I assure you that OO.o is missing ONLY a grammar checker, and that is being worked on)

With many thanks for your suggestion.

Warm Regards
David Teague

--

-- David Teague, http://cs.wcu.edu/~dbt Advocating Free Software and Double Bass tuned in fifths http://www.dennismasuzzo.com ; www.silviodallatorre.com/ www.silviodallatorre.com; www.joelquarrington.com/ ; Information on Red Mitchell, home.teleport.com/~mimuma/ www.larryholloway.com/;