I had the same problem as this individual but I did not have blank rows
where it stopped sorting the records.  It was just the point at which I
started using OpenOffice to add new rows, these new rows would not
filter with the autofilter.  I even tried selecting the range of cells I
wanted filtered, then clicked auto-filter, and still the new rows did
not filter properly.  Any suggestions?  Thank you,

Robert

On Thu, 2005-10-27 at 11:00 +0200, Henk ter Heide wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Last week I posted (at least, so I hope) a question about the
autofilter in
> Calc. Since then I received hundreds of messages but no answer to my

> question. The problem is that when I apply autofilter it only works
on part
> of the data, i.e., those that were originally entered in Excel on
another
> computer before I copied the file to this computer. It does not
filter the
> new data I added after copying the file to this computer and opening
it
> (this computer not having Excel) with Calc. All cells have the same
format,
> i.e. text in the case of the columns I want filtered. Since filtering

> spreadsheets is one of the most important things I want to do with
> OpenOffice I will be most thankful for any advice.

The autofilter is "intelligent" in that unless you select the
required data to be worked on, it will choose the first
non-contiguous block. That is, it will choose the data from the
first row down to the first blank row. If you have data below
that blank row, you need to select it to be filtered.

Alternatively, you should try the standard filter.

Regards
Jonathon