ldy2002 wrote:
Hi,

We are using Windows version of Version 2.0 Ooo. We were using Version 1.4
before the upgrad.

Is it safe to rename all *.sxc to *.ods and *.sxw to *.odt for all the file in
the harddisk?

i.e. "ren *.sxc *.ods /s"

Thanks & regards.

The short answer is NO! What you should do is use the conversion wizard, to be found under the File menu:

File/Wizards/Document Converter

As a preliminary you might like to create a suitable folder to receive the converted files, as the converter leaves the originals in place. You should also note that the newly converted files will all have a creation date of the day the conversion took place. i.e. "Today", not the date when the originals were created.

Regards

Peter HB