Probably because most people are more concerned with accuracy and not censorship. My kids use OOO instead of Word and I have never even thought about it. I would prefer precious
resources to be spent on things that more people will need and use.

I know my kids would get more out of improving Word Art "Font Works", which they did.

Our company is currently working on the index for the documentation. We have found many issues with the Indexing and would prefer time spent on this then adding the capability of removing entries
from the dictionary or thesaurus.

Craig Herman wrote:
No.  They haven't given me a list.  I apologize for starting this thread.  I
should have asked: "Is there a way of removing words and phrases from the
built in dictionary and thesaurus and if not, why not?"  Then we wouldn't
have gotten off topic.
--
Thomas Miller
Chrome Portal Project Manager