Paul wrote:
Ah... it did hit the OOo lists couple of days ago, but it was the
'discuss' list, not the users.

I think that discuss is really where it should be...

/paul

On 11/23/05, Robin Laing <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I am surprised that it has not hit this list earlier.

MS is afraid of OpenDocument, enough that it is changing the licensing
around Office 12 document format and submitting it to European
standards body ECMA International.

It seems that the pressure over OpenDocument and the move to an open
standard was enough to get Microsoft to do this.

[quote]
As part of its standardization effort, Microsoft will change the
license in order to remove "virtually all the barriers" for developers
working with the file formats.
[/quote]

http://news.com.com/Microsoft+to+standardize+Office+formats/2100-1012_3-5965443.html

If the license allows full access to the code, this is good news all
around.  If there are still restrictions, go OpenDocument.

Funny,

I think we are having some weird mail problems as I just received my
copy of my message as well as the discussion list (which I am subscribed to) messages. Heck, I have messages going all the way back
to Nov 21 in my mailbox.

I never thought of posting it to the discussion list and you are
correct it should have been there.

Robin