tommy t wrote:

Hello,

My motherboard recently  died; I had my system upgraded and was
advised that OpenOffice was the  best for me to use. I need to format
disk, but can not find how to on  your support site or in the help
option. Windows had many limitations  but I was proficient on it and
am quite frustrated by not being able to  even format a floppy disk.

Please help.

Thank you for your assistance. S. Thrift

Hi tommy,

Formatting a floppy disc is a function of the operating system, not an office suite like OpenOffice.org or Microsoft Office.

Double-click on the My Computer icon on the desktop. Then find your floppy drive (almost certainly drive A:) and right click on the icon. One option will be Format.

HTH

--

Rod