The path is /usr/bin/soffice.
Thanks

Quoting CPHennessy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

On Thu December 29 2005 19:17, + Richard N. Fell wrote:
 [ MODERATED ] ***********************
Thank you very much for this information. It was most helpful. However,
one problem remains. With gnome, I cannot start openoffice from an
icon. I get a panel with the error message
"Details: Failed to execute child process "oocalc" (No such file or
directory)"

Rebooting the machine made no difference.

Check that the path to the executable is correct.

--
CPH : openoffice.org contributor

                                http://user-faq.openoffice.org/#FAQ

Richard N. Fell