Hi Penny,

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

I am frustrated in my attempts to merge a spreadsheet document in which I've
put my personal friends, etc. into a Writer template for Avery labels.  I
downloaded the new label templates and have gotten to the point of linking the
spreadsheet and inserting the fields from it into the label template.  But I
have been unable to figure out how to get the merge going.

I have not found a tutorial that explains this (tho, granted, I have not looked minutely through all those listed on the website).

Support: http://support.openoffice.org/index.html

In brief:
Start a new base-file.
Choose your spreadsheet as source.
Register and close.
Open your Writer doc.
Open the datasource-window (F4)
Drag fields (with the table-headers) in your doc.
Play around with the icons on the datasource toolbar.

NB. When you do a file-print from the Menu, choose yes. You get an dialog, for your chooises.

Succes & greetings,

Cor

Can anyone help me?
Patty