Jean Hollis Weber wrote:
> Sir Gimp wrote:
>
>> You can record a macro and assign a keystroke to the macro. I've used
>> this method for years and it works very well.
>>
>> (select the em dash from the INSERT/SPECIALCHARACTER menu while
>> recording your macro)
>

> Good idea, but...
> I have never been able to *find* the em-dash or en-dash in the
> Special Characters list, and I can't find anything about it in the Help
> (which talks only about the AutoCorrect method of inserting dashes), so
> your method doesn't work for me. I suspect that the vast majority of OOo
> users would have the same problem.
>
> If you can tell me where the dashes are, that would be a great help.
>
> --Jean
Hi Jean

In my installation (2.01 on Mandrake Linux) using Palatino Linotype font
 if I go to Insert Special Character and use the top right list box to
go to "General Punctuation" there are a series of dashes. I ma not sure
which, if any, are en or em. There is a similar though smaller group if
I choose Times New Roman.

Does this help?

Regards

Russell