On Fri, 2006-02-03 at 01:39 +0000, Terry North wrote:
> Jonathon Coombes <jon <at> cybersite.com.au> writes:
> >
> > Hi All,
> >
> > A reminder about the OOo Knowledgebase and what it can offer you.
> .... [para.7]
> > what you want, some may be close, and others not related at all.
>     Thanks for the information, which I have copied to my OO notes.  The line
> above from paragraph 7 seems to be an orphan.
>     There must be a wealth of knowledge in posts in the mailing lists and
> forums.  It would be a large task, I know, but is there some way of garnering
> that knowledge, perhaps from the most popular threads?
>     I've given up searching in gmane for anything.  Searches on the forums
> yield
> a lot of information.  Is it possible to include the knowledge base in such
> searches, meaning, could a link be established?

Hi Terry,

The mailing lists (mainly user and discuss) are where I get most of the
current knowledge from for the knowledgebase. It would be good to be
able to harvest the knowledge from the forums, but as yet, there is no
automated method. I have simply looked through some of the latest topics
and picked answers I thought were good and were not in the current
knowledgebase.

If anyone is interested in automating this process, please let me know.

Regards
Jonathon
--
OOo Tips:               http://mindmeld.cybersite.com.au/tips.rss