I'm new to linux I'm currently using Xandros 3.0.2

I'm running an HP laserjet 1100 quite succesfully with thunderbird and firefox but when I try to print something from Openoffice (writer) it doesn't go thru, and then sometimes when I restart the computer it print the docs I was trying to print before?

I'm pretty positive there's a switch somewhere I need to change but I cant seem to find it

Any help would be appreciated   Open Office 1.1

Ron West