Art Morrissette wrote:
Whenever I try to put in a check box, not only is a check box inserted but also the words "check box" next to it, which words mix in with whatever I have written next to the check box. There are no instructions in the Help file to eliminate the words "check box". How can I get rid of these words and simply have a box?

The words "Check Box" are the default value in the check box object's label property, which are the same as the object's default name. (If you put down a second check box, the default name and label value are "Check Box2" and so forth.

You can change both or either by right clicking on an object and changing the name and label properties (and most other properties) to whatever you want (and change font, size of font and style of font and so forth for the label property).

Normally you set the check box label to whatever words you want to associate with the check box, so that if you move the check box on a form the words follow automatically. But you can blank out the label field altogether if you wish.

Jallan