Hi Phil,

"Phil Knight" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> schrieb:

> I am not currently using any version of OpenOffice - because I can't
> download it. I am running a 1GHz Dell with Windows 2000Pro, and am on
> a 56k  dialup (which runs at about 31k in fact) with a two hour
> cutoff. The  downloading file is going to take 6 hours 30 mins to
> download. I came to the  two hour cutoff, clicked pause, reconnected,
> and clicked resume. And was  told that the download had finished. Of
> course, it hadn't. So what do those  of us not on broadband do to get
> your product? Not everyone lives in a  broadband compatible area, and
> there those who don't want it anyway. Any  chance of it being made
> available in more manageable chunks - or compressed?  I don't need the
> maths bit - or possibly even the drawing module,as I have  enough
> artwork programs already.

a possibility for you can be, that you use a download manager, which can
restart / resume interrupted downloads. When you're using Firefox, the
download-manager can restart interrupted downloads.

Another way for you to get OOo is to have a look at the OOo-website.
You'll find there a page (http://distribution.openoffice.org/cdrom/)
where you can order a cd with OOo for a small fee.

Hope this helps you a bit.

Sigrid