Hi G. Roderick,

Please do *not* start a new question by replying to an old one as this
causes several problems:
     1. most email software will correctly think that your email is a
        response to the email you are "replying" to, and will indicate
        this by displaying your email as a child of the original email
     2. because of this, people not interested in the original email may
        ignore your question
     3. people may think that the original email has a reply(yours) so
        that they do not have to give it a reply

So in conclusion, more people will read your email if it looks like the
start of a new thread rather than the reply to an old one.

I may be mistaken, but I got the impression that the "[moderated] YOU MUST GIVE A SUMMARY HERE" mails are just the new face of the old "[moderated]" ones, i.e the mails sent from our contact link in whichever page of www.OO.o (can't remember nor find it), which spawns a composition window with a preset subject. I guess after getting tired of the ten page "[moderated]" thread, someone decided to put something that would invite users to actually go and provide a proper subject, unfortunately this doesn't seem to have had the expected effect.

My point is I don't think these mails are being sent as replies to other mails of the "thread" (but I could be wrong), in which case your reply may be quite confusing to these users.

Just my couple eurocents,

Cyrille