Yes.  But I am not moving the formula I am moving one of the cells.
So if I have, in cell B1, any of these formulas,
        =A1+A2
 or     =A$1+A$2
 or     =$A$1+$A$2

and I move *A2* to A3 using cut and paste, then the formula changes to
        =A1+A3
 or     =A$1+A$3
 or     =$A$1+$A$3

That's fine in most circumstances and good in many of those. However, there are times when that is a big problem. There are times when I'd like to keep the formula from changing.

-Lars Lars Nooden ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
        Software patents endanger the legal certainty of software.
        Keep them out of the EU by writing your MEP, keep the market open.