Thanks. I'm aware of those work around and should have mentioned them in the original message. I'd still need a way, either simple or complex, to get it to work with ctrl-X (cut).

There should be a way to protect the cell or something to be able to cut-n-paste the contents from a cell in a formula, to a cell outside of a formula. e.g. ^X ^V cell A2 to cell A3 and leave the formula =A1+A2 unchanged and not =A1+A3 as is currently the case.

-Lars
Lars Nooden ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
        Software patents endanger the legal certainty of software.
        Keep them out of the EU by writing your MEP, keep the market open.