>      Font management is found in the Tools > Options > OpenOffice.org
> Writer > Basic Fonts. I would suggest installing the high quality fonts you
> want first. Then go to the place I mentioned. Change the settings to the
> fonts you want to use.
>      You can also manage your fonts by using styles. Each style has a Font
> tab where you can select the one you want to use with that style. In the
> documentation section of the OOo web site, there are manuals explaining how
> to use styles. In the German Section of this web site, there should be at
> least some of these manuals in German if you prefer.

Thanks Dan,
but this steps are not "radical" enough for me! I wont only my "approved"
fonts to show up in the fonts drop down menu of the writer gui at all. I am
working with templates ans styles very often - but none the less a good
(small) collection of fonts in that drop down menu is very usefull, e.g. when
creating new styles/documents.

Isn't there any possibility to disable the loading of the "general" fonts on
my system? I can not quite believe this :-(