On Tuesday 21 February 2006 10:55 am, Sebastian Röder wrote:
> Hi, I am new to the list.
>
> My question is how I can handle a very strict font management since I am
> from the DTP front and only want to use _some high quality_ fonts in
> OpenOffice.
>
> The idea is to deny OpenOffice to use any font from the Linux standard dirs
> like /usr/share/fonts and only use the fonts I installed with spadmin
> inside /usr/lib/openoffice/fonts/(truetype?)/. But I couldn't find an
> option to only permit this one dir, neither in the "Path" section nor in
> the "Fonts" section of the "Options" dialog. I use OOo-2.0.1 on Gentoo
> Linux.
>
> Thanks in advance for your help!
> Sebastian

     Font management is found in the Tools > Options > OpenOffice.org Writer >
Basic Fonts. I would suggest installing the high quality fonts you want
first. Then go to the place I mentioned. Change the settings to the fonts you
want to use.
     You can also manage your fonts by using styles. Each style has a Font tab
where you can select the one you want to use with that style. In the
documentation section of the OOo web site, there are manuals explaining how
to use styles. In the German Section of this web site, there should be at
least some of these manuals in German if you prefer.

Dan