I am using Version 2 of Open Office and am new to it.

 I wish to add a couple of autocorrections in the replace tab and have
completed the "Replace" and  "With" boxes, clicked "New" and "O.K."  but when I
type the "Replace" abbreviation in a document it does not  change.  I have
tried
making the entries in Autocorrect many times but it  will not work for me.
Any other listed correction will change, so  that part of the program is
working.

Strangely, when I open a Microsoft Word document in Open Office the
autocorrect entries of Microsoft still operate.

Can you help me please?

With many thanks,

Peter Gerrie