[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
I am using Version 2 of Open Office and am new to it. I wish to add a couple of autocorrections in the replace tab and have completed the "Replace" and "With" boxes, clicked "New" and "O.K." but when I type the "Replace" abbreviation in a document it does not change. I have tried making the entries in Autocorrect many times but it will not work for me. Any other listed correction will change, so that part of the program is working. Strangely, when I open a Microsoft Word document in Open Office the autocorrect entries of Microsoft still operate.

Check through Format -> Character -> Font that the language setting for the text which is not being autocorrected is identical to the language setting that appears at the top of the Tools -> AutoCorrect dialog box.

If it is not the same, either make it the same, or obtain or create an AutoCorrect file for that particular language.

The best way to reset the language in text is to check the paragraph style of the text as it appears in the Applied Style box at left of the formatting toolbar (to the left of the current font name box), and then change the language appropriate in the paragraph style that appears by pressing F11, selecting the same paragraph style from the list, right-clicking it, selecting "Modify", and changing the language under the Fonts tab.

Jallan