Solveig L Haugland wrote:

Here's a way to bring styles from one doc to another--the PDF
mentioned might cover this as well. Go to the document someone
submited to you, where you need to have your styles. Choose Format >
Styles and Formatting. Find the far-right top icon with the downward
facing black triangle, click on it, and choose Load Styles. In the
styles window that appears, mark all the types of styles you want to
bring in from your template, then click From File, select your
template file, and click Open. (If your template file is already
listed in one of the template categories shown, you don't have to
click From File.)

The following approach doesn't seem to work.

1) Open new file using the template that has the styles I want.
2) Copy and paste the other doc into the new file.

I would have thought that the styles in the new file would override the ones in
the doc being pasted but that doesn't seem to be the case. I have to select
each paragraph and double-click the style name.

Am I doing something wrong?

--
Pete Holsberg
Columbus, NJ

   Treat everyone the way you want to be treated.