John Lumby wrote:
I have used OpenOffice in the past to view existing documents, and am now trying to create one from scratch. I am completely stuck on line 1 - trying to create a heading.

In the past I've created documents using GML or some similar markup language so my mental model is to want to insert a "New Heading level 1" here. I have searched the guide and FAQ in vain. There are lots of references to things you can do with headings - except create them. I am sure my mental model is all wrong for OpenOffice.

Can someone please point me to where I can learn about creating a plain document (not a presentation) with headings (and all the other usual constructs).

I am using Version 2.0.1

John

John:

It might be that you are asking about the presentation package (Impress, which is like PowerPoint)? or are you asking about a word processing document?

The tasks mentioned are for a word processor. It is quite different to add a heading in Impress. You would need to select a slide style with a heading and text, and then edit the heading.

Let us know if you have more questions.

--
Crystle Numan
Administrative Secretary, Immanuel CRC