Ross Johnson wrote:
On Mon, 2006-03-06 at 19:19 -0500, Joseph Hogan wrote:

Ross,

As for my file, it is a list of prices for the products in my company. The original file was 388k. It is a small file. I do have colors that vary from one column to another.

As for my memory, I have 1GB plus 128MB. I have NeoOffice, Apple Mail, iTunes, and a msall utility or two.

I seem to have enough memory.

I just saved the file in questions.  It takes 3 minutes.

Ideas?

A different 'Ross' here.

Are you able to copy and "paste special" the list into a new spreadsheet
spreadsheet? Does the slow save follow you to the new spreadsheet?
If so, copy&paste sections until you find which section slows saving
down.

You could try copy & paste special and leave out the formatting, and see
if that speeds things up. Then copy and paste ONLY the formatting etc.
until you find what aspect of the spreadsheet is at fault.

Then let us all know.

This would be useful information to help improve OOo.

I don't know if this would be a problem, but are there any links to other data or outside sheets? Just a thought.

--
Robin Laing