On Thu, 2006-03-23 at 23:56 +0000, Jonathon Blake wrote:
> Robin wrote:
>
> > It is a summary box that does not require changing the focus and active
> > window.
>
> VCurrently available.
>
> > Something that allows me to move my cursor through the affected text to
> > find out why my text is
>
> Currently available in OOo.

It would help if you were a bit more specific. What are you referring
to? As someone else stated, Style dialogs are modal and not all
attributes are visible in the [many] toolbars or obvious from the
WYSIWYG text. It would be great if these dialogs were floating/dockable
and dynamic depending on where the text cursor was.

> > Why I cannot get the default style to change the particular attribute.
> > What is causing it.
>
> That usually is becuse of one of two situations:
> i) The user simply does not know wht the attribute of the default style is;
> ii) Somebody decided to be stupid, and apply direct formtting, instead
> of styles.

I think there is a third situation:
iii) It is covered by another style that overrides the default style.
Check the actual covering style in the "Apply Style" box in the
Formatting toolbar or in the "Styles and Formatting" window.

Also, from memory, once you change an attribute in a higher level style,
you can't easily set it back to use the setting from the "Linked with"
style (usually the Default style).