Hallo,
 I have the same problem with other program. And I thinks it is common in
Windows to have some problem like that.
In rought way (very very not recomended), Usually I try to delete the
program manualy from "Program Files" directory and take care the registry by
using regedit (find & delete "OpenOffice") to uninstall the previous Open
Office.The  I install the open office once more. If it doesn't  solve the
problem, reinstall the windows. May be help.

--
Andi Permadi
Learn to live not otherwise