Dizia Bruce Byfield em Segunda 03 Abril 2006 18:14:
> > "Why are list/numbering formatting and styles separated from paragraph
> > formatting and styles?"
>
> For one thing, it's more economical that way. You can use the same
> numbering system for different paragraph styles, rather than having to
> define the design separately for each paragraph style.
>
> For another, it's useful to have a display of only list styles when you
> are designing a template. For example, if you plan to use nested lists,
> you usually want to define each level in terms of the next level above
> it.

I promised myself I would not engage into a "discussion" so soon, but I have
to tell Bruce just this much:

- The problem Laurent Duperval raised  (have you read it?!) is paradigmatic of
the way OOo works, and with which I disagree: «"bullet/list formatting"
_interferes_ with "paragraph formatting"».

- Interference is this:
        1- I have a (stylewise or not) formatted paragraph;
        2- I want it to become part of a list, for instance, a numbered one;
        3- I want to use a "list formatting" just for taking care of the list
itself
(following paragraphs have following numbers, for instance)
        4- I do not want the list formatting to change paragraph formatting
(indentation, for instance)
        5- I can not achieve this easily with OOo.

- Your arguments do not answer this issue.
But you could have a point _if_ there was a _parallel_ between
paragraph/character formatting and paragraph/list formatting (in both cases,
stylewise or not). Unfortunately, OOo does not enforce such
"parallelism"! :-(

Regards,
José (still using OOo...)

--
J. Magalhães Cruz       --- [EMAIL PROTECTED] ---

... free, as in freedom... (Richard Stallman)
... private, as in personal... (jmcruz)
... respect, to all animals... (jmcruz)