From: Kira <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: users@openoffice.org
Sent: Monday, April 3, 2006 1:10:58 AM
Subject: Re: [users] AutoInput in Calc

Paul Sims Wright wrote:

> Can someone (anyone) explain the logic of the autoinput function in
> Calc.  (I'm running 2.01 under WinXP, if that matters.)
>
> In the first few rows of a column I put:
>
>     Sanctuary
>     FLC  (stands for Family Life Center, if anyone cares)
>     Chapel
>     Trailer
>     OFFICE
>
> In a cell below these:
>     I type s <enter> and get Sanctuary
>     I type f <enter> and get fLC
>     I type c <enter> and get Chapel
>     I type o <enter> and get oFFICE
>
> Logically, I would want the capitalization to be the same as the
> original entry.

I agree about the logic. I've never tried this, so I'm taking a guess.
It looks like a potential conflict between two autocorrect-type
settings. It looks like the capitalization is correct as long as the
word is not *all* caps. I would check in the autocorrect settings to see
if there is one set for auto-capitalization and/or preventing all caps.

Since this is only a guess, if playing with autocorrected capitalization
settings doesn't work, I'd be happy to experiment a bit to see if I can
figure it out but I can't guarantee any results (or that I can
experiment in a timely manner, if the need is urgent).

Kira