On Saturday 08 April 2006 01:32, John Jason Jordan wrote:
> On Fri, 07 Apr 2006 18:09:23 -0400
> Matt Needles <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> dijo:
>
> <stuff about TrueType snipped>
>
> I also have OO.o on Linux (Ubuntu Breezy), and I can get OO.o to see
> TrueType fonts, but not OpenType fonts. I have a bunch of Adobe Pro fonts.
> All are in /usr/share/fonts/type1/opentype, and I have used the mkfontdir
> command on that folder. If I open Konqueror or Nautilus and type fonts:///
> in the address bar it shows them all installed. But the only program I can
> get to see them is Scribus, and that only after going into Scribus'
> Preferences and adding the path to /usr/share/fonts/type1/opentype.
>
> I really need these fonts in OO.o. Is there some secret way to tell OO.o
> where fonts are located?

AIUI OOo shows only those fonts that are available for both display and
printing. The X11 font directories define those for display, the printing
fonts are elsewhere. I had a similar problem a couple of years ago. But an
update to the system (Suse) seemed to automatically fix it so I did not
pursue the matter to discover exactly where they all were and how to
configure cups and printers to get the fonts.

--
Andy Pepperdine

For FAQ, userguide, see: http://documentation.openoffice.org/