On Friday April 14 2006 12:37 am, Celeste Marinovich wrote:
> I have been waiting for later versions of Open Office to see if this
> problem is corrected. In Open Office Calc spreadmsheets,when you are in
> a file, (say the 'target file') and link to another file (say: the
> source file), then change figures in the source file, the target file
> figures do not update. This is still happening in Version 2.02.
>
> Regards
>
> Celeste Marinovich

     Remember that the target file is linked to the source file on the hard
drive. It is not linked to what you see on the screen which is located in
RAM. To update the link, you must
1) Save the source file.
2) Edit > Links (This opens the Edit Links window.)
3) Click the Update button.
4) Click Close to close the Edit Links window.

Dan