Ross Johnson wrote:

On Sat, 2006-04-15 at 23:30 -0400, Bill Flanagan wrote:
Ross Johnson wrote:

QUESTION: Regarding "accept/reject," I've not been able go from the text to the corresponding item in the table so that I can selectively A/R one change. I do see that clicking on the list brings up the corresponding text, but the list sorts by time, not by location in the document, so finding the item in the list that represent something in the text is a hit-or-miss adventure (my documents tend to be 50+ pages, edited multiple times, with LOTS of changes tracked).
There seems to be nothing in the right-click menu when a tracked change is
selected that allows A/R of that change--appropriate for a feature suggestion?

Hi Bill,

IIRC from the last time I used the feature, when the text cursor is in a
particular piece of changed text in the document, the corresponding
entry is selected in the accept/reject list, however, the list doesn't
scroll to make the selection visible to you. If you scroll the list
manually you should find the selected entry.

Ross

Thanks, Ross,
That's exactly what I had expected. Tried it again, just now. The list highlight stays the same (at the top of the list) regardless of where I place the mouse cursor: click on a change, highlight the entire change, click in the paragraph or on the same line--no move by the highlight in the list. Clicking on an entry in the list moves the text display to that change.

Using OOO 2.0.1 on Linux (Linspire 5.0.59, a Debian based distro). Would it matter if the original document were created in WinWord? (it was, AFAIK). Have traded edited version with a user of that program.

Bill

William Flanagan        Ph:  +1.703.242.8381
Flanagan Consulting     Fx:  +1.703.242.8391
45472 Holiday Dr. #3, Sterling, VA 20166 USA
www.flanagan-consulting.com

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance."
                                       --George Bernard Shaw