On Sun, 2006-04-16 at 07:49 -0400, Dick Barmann wrote:
> I have been using the developers snapshots of OpenOffice. I may be in
> the wrong list so please forgive me if I am. I use KDE 3.5 /Kubuntu.
> When I install the newest version (160/163/ ) I cannot open it because
> a Menu is not included in the deb files. How can I overcome this?
> Thank You.

It seems that you will have to add the menu entries manually through
KDE's Menu Editor. I am using the official OOo 2.0.2 and my KDE menu
entries are:

openoffice.org-2.0 -base %U
openoffice.org-2.0 -calc %U
openoffice.org-2.0 -draw %U
openoffice.org-2.0 -impress %U
openoffice.org-2.0 -math %U
openoffice.org-2.0-printeradmin
openoffice.org-2.0 -writer %U

If the above don't work for you, then try the startup scripts.
eg: path_to_your_install/openoffice.org2.0/program/swriter

Hope this helps.

Dave