On Sat, 2006-04-15 at 19:37 -0700, Tim Ramsey wrote:
> I had Microsoft Office installed. I installed Open Office to check it
> out. From the time I installed Open Office the icon for my Word
> documents has changed. It is not the icon for Word Documents. It is
> the icon for Word Pad. How do I fix this?
>
> Tim

It does not make any sense that the association (ie. icon) for Word
documents should change to Wordpad, unless you uninstalled OOo
(OpenOffice.org) and MS Windows (in it's own unpredictable way) made
this arbitrary change, or you have uninstalled both OOo and MS Word.

Go to http://user-faq.openoffice.org/faq/ar01s04.html#FILE-ASSOCIATIONS
for an explanation of how to change file associations.

Hope this helps.

Dave

Please reply to users@openoffice.org only