MS is on record as saying that it would support OpenDocument (the main format used by OpenOffice.org) if there were customer demand. [1] You can help show customer demand by adding your name to the list, if you haven't done so already:
        http://opendocumentfellowship.org/petition/

[1] "Microsoft Says Maybe to ODF"