I uninstalled flash itself (LInux files named shockwave* and a few others).
So I miss some eye candy--there are only a few web sites that you can't get into without flash.
Bill

Dotan Cohen wrote:

On my home Kubuntu 5.10 machine Open Office 2 takes over 30 seconds to
load. During this time, the splash screen appears, and I cannot work
in _any_ program. How can I disable the splash screen?

Dotan Cohen
http://what-is-what.com

William Flanagan        Ph:  +1.703.242.8381
Flanagan Consulting     Fx:  +1.703.242.8391
45472 Holiday Dr. #3, Sterling, VA 20166 USA
www.flanagan-consulting.com

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance."
                                       --George Bernard Shaw