On Tue, 2006-05-09 at 14:36 -0400, Pastor Dale Weaver wrote:
> Gentlemen:
>
> I am using Microsoft Office right now and have just received an email
> with an attachment with the file extension, "ODT."  I understand that
> this is an Open Office Extension.  Microsoft Outlook will not open
> this attachment.
> Can you give me some suggestions as to how to open this document?
>
> Thanks
>
> Dale Weaver

Microsoft programs are incapable of opening files in the ISO standard
Open Document format. Therefore, you have 2 options:

a) Download and install OOo (OpenOffice.org) from:
   http://download.openoffice.org/2.0.2/index.html
   OOo and MS Office will peacefully coexist on the same computer.

b) Request the person who sent you the document to save it in MS Word
   ".doc" format (OOo can easily do that) and resend it you.

Hope this helps.

Dave
replies to your query.
Please reply to users@openoffice.org only and include some indication
that you are not subscribed to this list.
(eg. "I am not subscribed to this list, please cc me.")

For on-line support see: http://support.openoffice.org/index.html
For a knowledge base see: http://mindmeld.cybersite.com.au/