I have a good deal of trouble and have being trying for some time to get help in working with Master Documents in Open Office.

I have had a number of 'hints', some small help from users but no one as yet that can fully answer my question:

How do I assign 'unique' page numbers and Chapter Headings to sub-documents that are part of a Master Document?

Suggestions have come from users stating that I must first - Create a 'text' document that I place between the subdocuments thereby allowing me editing of the 'following subdocuments'? With around 15 Chapters and thereby needing 2 text documents per Chapter I would have to create at least 30 text documents in order to do this??? Apart from anyhting else the Master overides any document imported into it thus negating any page style you may have assigned that subdocument - whether it be plain text or otherwise.

You cannot create any further text "insert" (as appears in Navigator). A pity as this is the only available text 'object' you can in fact use to edit the following sub documentation. As navigaotr provides only one you can only ever use it once and stick it between two subdocuments thus allowing you the ability to edit the "Before and After" documentation with individual page styles. Pity if you have more than 2 documents...????

Create my own text insert? (like the origional that appear as soon as you activate Navigator) Good idea How? There is no explanation or means I have been able to determine to do this. Oh I can create a text document - outside of naviagtor but as we all know that is merely seen a a subdocument by the master who won't allow you edit capability anyway as soon as you import the text based document.

So Anyone got any answers to this ???????

Regards

John.