vtoulson wrote:
am a new user
can save as, but cannot save document thereafter, error message is
"cannot create backup copy"
problem occurs in writer and spreadsheet, have not tried other modules.
also writer opens in HTML format, why this as a default? How do I change
to some standard format, ie office text, word, etc.
System is HP pavilion 751n, ram is 512+
Perfect Pro Office 1.1 purchase in the last few weeks at Best Buy.
Is there a later version or upgrade?

You can download for free the latest version of OpenOffice.org, which is 2.0.2 (or wait about 3 weeks for 2.0.3).

Regarding the error messages with saving a file, you probably need to setup the path to where you want to store your backups.

Regarding starting with an HTML document, it is possible that your shortcut icon is pointing to starting with HTML instead of Writer. I suggest you look at the properties of the shortcut.

Since you are using "Perfect Pro" which is a knockoff of the version this list support, YMMV with this help.

I suggest you have a look at the users guide for help on these and other issues. (Backup info: pg. 20 (pg. 50 of the pdf). You can get these here: http://documentation.openoffice.org/manuals/index.html

Crystle

--
Crystle Numan
Administrative Secretary, Immanuel CRC